Paid bills; did laundry. I have been doing laundry for two days. I want to say "non-stop" for two days, but that can't actually be true, can it?
Hexapuma is on the move, and hopefully on the mend. He crept onto the bed in the early morning, curled up on my stomach, and purred me back to sleep -- much
better than a Shaky, Hidey Cat! Today, he split his time between his favorite Fleecey Thing (formerly Sharon's favorite fleece house-sweater) and the fleece snowflake blanket on the couch, with several
forays into the kitchen to hunt and gather cat crunchies and drink water.
My car being in the shop -- by which hangs another tale -- Steve has the happy task of driving me to work tomorrow morning (early), so Hex can keep his 8 a.m. appointment with his Good Friend Dr. Slack. Who will remove the drain, and I hope to ghod
also the damn' collar.
After work, I'll walk myself down to SRM Galactic Headquarters (hey, it's supposed to be 43F/6C tomorrow!) to pack up and mail the Fledglings
adopted over the weekend.
I did write today -- a little. I found that I need to indulge in a Chapter and What's in Each list, which I don't always bother with, but this book is complex enough that, yeah -- all the help I can get.
Remember! If you would like to adopt one of the left-over Fledglings
, signed by the authors this is what to do:
1. If you are in the North America, you may PayPal $30 to fledglingATkorval.com (where @ replaces AT). You are responsible for being sure that the delivery address is correct.
2. If you are outside of North America, you may PayPal $40 to fledglingATkorval.com (where@ replaces AT). You are responsible for being sure that the delivery address is correct.
3. If you prefer to send a check or money order (in US funds drawn on a US bank only, please), write to fledglingATkorval.com (where @ replaces AT) and tell Sharon that you are putting a check in the mail to her at: Sharon Lee, PO Box 707, Waterville ME 04903-0707
4. Prices include shipping. The reason for the discrepancy between North American and other orders is that the United States Post Office has lost its tiny mind. We apologize profusely for this lapse of rationality.
5. Because there are a limited number of these books in hand, this will be a First Come, First Served operation. This is why is very important for those who prefer to do commerce by check to tell Sharon that a check has been sent.
6. This adoption may not be combined with any SRM order; the Fledgling and Saltation are Lee-and-Miller projects, and are fully separate from SRM Publisher. It seems a tiny, tiny thing, but it makes our accountant happy when we put the money in the right piles, and we're all about keeping our accountant happy.Progress on Ghost Ship
The puzzle pieces tumbled into place so hard Miri thought the clatter would wake up the cat sleeping on the windowsill.