Sleepy Tuesday
Tuesday, August 11th, 2026 02:29 pmTuesday. Sunny and warm. I'm exhausted, which has been a Running Theme since my last bad back episode. I'm really not sleeping well, and I recently recalled that, one of the gifts that Steve gave me was the ability to sleep. Before I met him, I slept, eh, maybe four hours a night? Because there was too much to be afraid of, and nobody to share the watch with me. Apparently, I'm reverting to type.
Well. that's lowering.
One thousand six hundred and thirty-ish new words this morning, which brings the WIP to 41,900 words, total, which seems slightly surreal, but -- onward.
The garbage truck just went by, so I'm for getting the recycling bin back to the garage, then doing my expanded duty to the cats, and -- lunch.
Needlework this afternoon at the library, and I decided that, indeed I do need to be a member of Waterville Creates. I let the membership drop when Steve died, figuring it was an extraneous expense, but -- apparently not. Which means that, while I'm downtown this afternoon, I need to drop by the Arts Center to pick up my membership packet.
I also remembered why "Coyote vs Acme" seemed so familiar to me -- 'way back in 2022 or so, there'd been word of this movie on the make, and in 2023, Warner Brothers decided the film would make them more money by being a Tax Break, and shelved it. The film makers went to war and only now, three years later, has WB allowed them the right to put the film into limited distribution. I remember saying to Steve at the time news of the Tax Break came down, "Are they nuts? That thing's gonna earn the asking price on the next solar system."
Sigh.
Hope everyone's doing well on this fine Tuesday in August.
no subject
Date: 2026-08-12 01:39 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-08-12 02:01 am (UTC)